Office of Law Enforcement Coordination
April 30, 2010
Law enforcement works day and night to make our country safer for you.
Mr. Schiff: Law enforcement works day and night to make our country safer for you.
Mr. Ruecker: “T he Office of Law Enforcement Coordination’s primary liaison with the state and local law enforcement community is through the national and international law enforcement organizations, like the International Association of Chiefs of Police, National Sheriff’s Association, Major City Chiefs, and so on.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Ronald Ruecker at the FBI. He’s assistant director of the Bureau’s Office of Law Enforcement Coordination, OLEC. Ruecker is a former police official in Oregon.
Mr. Ruecker: “ It is very important, and similarly for the Director and the executives here in the FBI to have a conduit, a voice, a relationship, and partnerships with those law enforcement organization leadership, it’s really important.”
Mr. Schiff: Ruecker says the world is quickly changing.
Mr. Ruecker: “ The technology, the borderless nature of crime all around the world. We have got to be well-connected with each other.”
Mr. Schiff: Learn more about OLEC at www.fbi.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 03.16.2018 — FBI, This Week: Women’s History Month
- 03.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: W-2 Phishing Scams Increase During Tax Season
- 03.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Rapid DNA Analysis Initiative
- 02.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: Global Sweep Addresses Growing Elder Fraud Threat
- 02.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: Restoring the Identities of Unknown Human Remains