Next Generation Cyber
October 26, 2012
The FBI is enhancing its capabilities to combat the nation’s most serious cyber threat.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is enhancing its capabilities to combat the nation’s most serious cyber threat—criminals, spies, and terrorists breaking into government and private computer networks.
Richard A. McFeely: The intrusions are occurring 24/7, 365 days a year.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. As part of its Next Generation Cyber Initiative, the FBI is dedicating more resources and building new tools to counter the threat. We’re also hiring more computer scientists and expanding a network of local cyber task forces. FBI Executive Assistant Director Richard McFeely says virtually everyone connected to the Internet will at some point have their computer attacked. He urges businesses to report intrusions to the FBI; for private citizens he advises:
McFeely: There is plenty of off-the-shelf antivirus software. You’ve got to have good firewalls set up, and make sure you’re downloading those security updates.
Halpern: October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. For more tips on how to protect your wired and wireless devices, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 04.29.2020 — Inside the FBI: FBI Top Ten List Turns 70
- 04.15.2020 — Inside the FBI: The Oklahoma City Bombing: 25 Years Later
- 02.26.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA - Tagalog (FBI Los Angeles)
- 02.04.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 01.21.2020 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Ley de Protección de las Víctimas de la Trata de Personas