National Cyber Security Awareness Month
October 3, 2013
October is the 10th annual National Cyber Security Awareness Month. The FBI is joining its partners in helping create a secure cyber environment.
Mollie Halpern: October is the 10th annual National Cyber Security Awareness Month. The FBI is joining its partners in helping create a secure cyber environment.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. Criminals and terrorists victimize America and her people through misusing computers and the Internet. They threaten our country’s economy, critical infrastructure, safety, and more. The FBI identifies and defeats those cyber adversaries through the combination of our national security and law enforcement authorities. Executive Assistant Director Richard McFeely of the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch says partnership is essential to protecting ourselves and our nation from cyber threats.
Richard A. McFeely: Cyber Security Awareness Month is a multi-U.S. government agency effort to get the message out that both private sector and public sector need to come together, share information, and work together to stop the threat that we all face every day.
Halpern: Report computer intrusions or Internet-facilitated crime to www.ic3.gov or your local FBI field office. And for tips on how to stay safe online, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 07.21.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Se Ofrece Recompensa en la Investigación del Homicidio de Maurice Spagnoletti
- 07.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: AlphaBay Criminal Marketplace Takedown
- 07.19.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Academia Nacional Marca un Hito
- 07.17.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 07.14.2017 — Gotcha: Couple Sentenced in Massive Health Care Fraud Scheme