Missing Adult Investigations
January 20, 2012
The investigation of the Montana teacher who recently vanished while jogging is an example of how the FBI supports its law enforcement partners when an adult goes missing.
Mollie Halpern: The investigation of the Montana teacher who recently vanished while jogging is an example of how the FBI supports its law enforcement partners when an adult goes missing.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. David Johnson is the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Salt Lake City Division…
David J. Johnson: The FBI can bring a lot of just sheer numbers in terms of investigators. It will also include some specialized resources like evidence response, behavioral analysis…
Halpern: The FBI offers its resources in missing adult investigations on a case by case basis.
Johnson: It depends on when we’re notified about the event; what the facts and circumstances are surrounding the abduction or the person going missing; what the local law enforcement capabilities are…
Halpern: Law enforcement must act quickly.
Johnson: If you don’t have that immediate reaction, the chances of recovering the victim alive are greatly diminished.
Halpern: If you’re aware of a missing adult, contact local police. For more information about the FBI, visit www.FBI.gov.
- 02.14.2019 — FBI, This Week: Partnerships Help Prevent Illicit Streaming
- 02.08.2019 — Se Busca Por el FBI: Hasta $3 Millones de Recompensa por Hossein Ahmad Larijani
- 02.08.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Publicación de las Estadísticas de 2017 de Delitos Motivados por el Odio
- 02.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of African-American Special Agents
- 01.31.2019 — FBI, This Week: Trade Secret Theft Protection and Prevention Safeguards