Missing Adult Investigations
January 20, 2012
The investigation of the Montana teacher who recently vanished while jogging is an example of how the FBI supports its law enforcement partners when an adult goes missing.
Mollie Halpern: The investigation of the Montana teacher who recently vanished while jogging is an example of how the FBI supports its law enforcement partners when an adult goes missing.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. David Johnson is the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Salt Lake City Division…
David J. Johnson: The FBI can bring a lot of just sheer numbers in terms of investigators. It will also include some specialized resources like evidence response, behavioral analysis…
Halpern: The FBI offers its resources in missing adult investigations on a case by case basis.
Johnson: It depends on when we’re notified about the event; what the facts and circumstances are surrounding the abduction or the person going missing; what the local law enforcement capabilities are…
Halpern: Law enforcement must act quickly.
Johnson: If you don’t have that immediate reaction, the chances of recovering the victim alive are greatly diminished.
Halpern: If you’re aware of a missing adult, contact local police. For more information about the FBI, visit www.FBI.gov.
- 05.17.2018 — FBI, This Week: Partnership with NCMEC Helps Protect Children
- 05.10.2018 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2017 Statistics Released
- 05.10.2018 — FBI, This Week: Honoring Fallen Heroes
- 05.10.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Según Informes, las Incidencias de Agresiones Sexuales en los Aviones Están Aumentando
- 05.03.2018 — FBI, This Week: Scammers Switch Gears in Online Vehicle Fraud