Michael Jackson Files
December 23, 2009
It’s Michael Jackson’s FBI file, and it’s on the Internet.
Mr. Schiff: It’s Michael Jackson’s FBI file, and it’s on the Internet.
Mr. Hardy: “The FBI usually receives these types of request when any person of fame or notoriety dies.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Dave Hardy, chief of the FBI’s Freedom of Information Program, who says that while FBI didn’t investigate Jackson, the files now available show the FBI working with other agencies.
Mr. Hardy: “Relate to the assistance that the FBI provided to local law enforcement authorities who were investigating Michael Jackson.”
Mr. Schiff: Hardy says parts of the Jackson file not released cover the identity of sources that provided information to the FBI in confidence.
Mr. Hardy: “They specifically requested that we not release the information that they provided us.”
Mr. Schiff: Hardy says there are a bunch of other FBI files on the Internet as well.
Mr. Hardy: “Marilyn Monroe, all the way up to present day, of anyone, all of whom unfortunately are deceased.”
Mr. Schiff: Go to fbi.gov and into the FOIPA Hot Topics page for the Michael Jackson file. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 04.24.2017 — El FBI se parece a usted (En Español)
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List