La Cosa Nostra
January 21, 2011
The FBI took an important step forward eradicating organized crime with the largest takedown in the Bureau’s history of La Cosa Nostra, or LCN—what the public knows as the Mafia.
Mollie Halpern: You’re listening to “FBI, this Week.” The FBI took an important step forward eradicating organized crime with the largest takedown in the Bureau’s history of La Cosa Nostra, or LCN—what the public knows as the Mafia. Special Agent Dave Shafer…
Mr. Shafer: LCN, across the spectrum, is involved in every single kind of crime you can name, anything that would generate profits for them.
Ms. Halpern: Crimes ranging from murder to shakedowns of unions. But the LCN isn’t the FBI’s only priority when it comes to organized crime.
Mr. Shafer: Eurasian or Russian organized crime groups. Middle Eastern criminal enterprise groups. Asian organized crime groups.
Ms. Halpern: The Mafia victimizes everyday Americans and negatively impacts the economy, even though the member’s lives are sensationalized.
Mr. Shafer: John Gotti was the boss of the Gambino family, glamorized the life of the Mafia, but it’s really a very ugly life.
Ms. Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and that’s what’s happening with the "FBI, This Week."
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims