Gang Takedown, Chicago Style - II
October 10, 2008
Gangs arrests in the Chicago area by the FBI and the Chicago Police Department...
Mr. Schiff: Gangs arrests in the Chicago area by the FBI and the Chicago Police Department...
Mr. Rice: "They were charged with running a very high level, sophisticated, drug distribution operation.”
Mr. Schiff: FBI Special Agent Ross Rice in Chicago. He says the Latin Kings take over neighborhoods and sell drugs...
Mr. Rice: "If other gang members or other individuals attempted to move in on their territory, they would use violence to protect their turf.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says the Latin Kings is a young gang...
Mr. Rice: "The youngest of the defendants charged was 18 years old and the oldest, was only, early 30s.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says gangs have been a problem since the early 1900s...
Mr. Rice: "They were doing pretty much the same they’re doing now only they weren’t selling drugs back then. They were imposing extortion money on legitimate businesses; they were stealing; they were having shootouts on the street with rival gangs.”
Mr. Schiff: If convicted, it could be five years to life in prison for gang members. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 11.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Hate Crime Statistics Released
- 11.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Serving with STEM
- 11.07.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Search Intensifies for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Greg Carlson
- 11.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Combats Chinese Economic Espionage as Part of New Initiative
- 11.01.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Patrocina Eventos Relacionados con su Programa de Promoción de Diversidad en el Reclutamiento de Agentes Especiales