Gang Takedown, Chicago Style - II
October 10, 2008
Gangs arrests in the Chicago area by the FBI and the Chicago Police Department...
Mr. Schiff: Gangs arrests in the Chicago area by the FBI and the Chicago Police Department...
Mr. Rice: "They were charged with running a very high level, sophisticated, drug distribution operation.”
Mr. Schiff: FBI Special Agent Ross Rice in Chicago. He says the Latin Kings take over neighborhoods and sell drugs...
Mr. Rice: "If other gang members or other individuals attempted to move in on their territory, they would use violence to protect their turf.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says the Latin Kings is a young gang...
Mr. Rice: "The youngest of the defendants charged was 18 years old and the oldest, was only, early 30s.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says gangs have been a problem since the early 1900s...
Mr. Rice: "They were doing pretty much the same they’re doing now only they weren’t selling drugs back then. They were imposing extortion money on legitimate businesses; they were stealing; they were having shootouts on the street with rival gangs.”
Mr. Schiff: If convicted, it could be five years to life in prison for gang members. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 03.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hazardous Devices School
- 03.23.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Tips in Amy Bradley Investigation
- 03.16.2018 — FBI, This Week: Women’s History Month
- 03.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: W-2 Phishing Scams Increase During Tax Season
- 03.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Rapid DNA Analysis Initiative