Gang Takedown, Chicago Style - II
October 10, 2008
Gangs arrests in the Chicago area by the FBI and the Chicago Police Department...
Mr. Schiff: Gangs arrests in the Chicago area by the FBI and the Chicago Police Department...
Mr. Rice: "They were charged with running a very high level, sophisticated, drug distribution operation.”
Mr. Schiff: FBI Special Agent Ross Rice in Chicago. He says the Latin Kings take over neighborhoods and sell drugs...
Mr. Rice: "If other gang members or other individuals attempted to move in on their territory, they would use violence to protect their turf.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says the Latin Kings is a young gang...
Mr. Rice: "The youngest of the defendants charged was 18 years old and the oldest, was only, early 30s.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says gangs have been a problem since the early 1900s...
Mr. Rice: "They were doing pretty much the same they’re doing now only they weren’t selling drugs back then. They were imposing extortion money on legitimate businesses; they were stealing; they were having shootouts on the street with rival gangs.”
Mr. Schiff: If convicted, it could be five years to life in prison for gang members. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 02.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: NCIC Enters its 50th Year
- 02.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Ruben Perez Rivera
- 02.09.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Launches FBI Wanted Mobile App
- 02.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches New Labor Trafficking Initiative
- 02.01.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Lucha Contra la Esclavitud y la Trata de Seres Humanos