Gang Takedown, Chicago Style - I
October 3, 2008
The FBI and police in Chicago nabbed a bunch of gang leaders and members...
Mr. Schiff: The FBI and police in Chicago nabbed a bunch of gang leaders and members...
Mr. Rice: "Thirty of the defendants were charged in federal court with violating federal drug and weapons laws."
Mr. Schiff: FBI Special Agent Ross Rice. He says there are still about ten loose in the Chicago area...
Mr. Rice: "All of those charged were alleged to be members of the Latin Kings Street Gang, which is one of the larger and more established street gangs in the Chicago area."
Mr. Schiff: Rice says they were charged with running a very high level, sophisticated drug distribution operation...
Mr. Rice: "They would stake out areas in the city and the suburbs which they would claim as their territory with respect to drug sales; they would have lower level gang members working the streets in those areas almost daily selling drugs and turning the proceeds up to higher ups in the gang."
Mr. Schiff: This gang used violence to protect their turf. The investigation continues. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative