Financial Crimes Report
March 1, 2012
The FBI’s latest report on financial crimes is now available to the public.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s latest report on financial crimes is now available to the public. The Bureau investigates complex, high-dollar white-collar crimes such as insider trading, health care fraud, and mortgage fraud. Financial Crimes Section Chief Tim Gallagher…
Timothy A. Gallagher: The common thread going through all these cases is greed.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. Highly trained intelligence analysts, special agents, and Bureau-wide initiatives are used to combat financial crimes with a proactive approach. Assistant Director of the FBI’s Criminal Investigative Division Kevin Perkins…
Perkins: We will look at these types of cases and put our best and brightest agents, analysts, and forensic accountants on them…and if we find evidence of criminal activity, then we’re going to pursue criminal charges.
Halpern: The FBI uses sophisticated techniques such as undercover operations and court-authorized wiretaps to gather evidence against those committing white-collar crimes.
Gallagher: They are just as dangerous to our society as drug traffickers.
Halpern: For tips to protect yourself against financial crimes, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 12.01.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Marlon Jones
- 12.01.2016 — FBI, This Week: Marlon Jones Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 11.23.2016 — FBI, This Week: Preventing Identity Theft
- 11.21.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Iris, el Perro del FBI que Detecta Componentes Electrónicos
- 11.17.2016 — Inside the FBI: Unforgotten Justice - The Story of a Hate Crime Survivor