FBI Language Services - I
April 9, 2010
Language can be a barrier for law enforcement. In the FBI’s Directorate of Intelligence is the Language Services Section.
Mr. Schiff: Language can be a barrier for law enforcement. In the FBI’s Directorate of Intelligence is the Language Services Section.
Ms. Gulotta: “There are so many people who live in this country who speak a foreign language. We can’t just ignore these people and we can’t just ignore our investigations that take us into foreign areas.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Margaret Gulotta. She’s chief of the FBI’s Language Services Section and says linguists’ primary language is not English.
Ms. Gulotta: “We are very fortunate because it gives us a very rich level of experience in cultural, political, and religious matters.”
Mr. Schiff: Gulotta says she’s always recruiting.
Ms. Gulotta: “We always are looking for Spanish speakers, speakers of Chinese, Arabic, and Russian. We particularly are interested in people who are multilingual.”
Mr. Schiff: Interested? Go to www.fbijobs.gov and apply. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 07.18.2019 — FBI, This Week: Nursing Home Fraud
- 07.11.2019 — FBI, This Week: Youth Leadership Program
- 07.05.2019 — FBI, This Week: Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell
- 06.27.2019 — FBI, This Week: Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Teams
- 06.24.2019 — FBI Newark Margaret Fox Cold Case Phone Call