FBI Language Services - I
April 9, 2010
Language can be a barrier for law enforcement. In the FBI’s Directorate of Intelligence is the Language Services Section.
Mr. Schiff: Language can be a barrier for law enforcement. In the FBI’s Directorate of Intelligence is the Language Services Section.
Ms. Gulotta: “There are so many people who live in this country who speak a foreign language. We can’t just ignore these people and we can’t just ignore our investigations that take us into foreign areas.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Margaret Gulotta. She’s chief of the FBI’s Language Services Section and says linguists’ primary language is not English.
Ms. Gulotta: “We are very fortunate because it gives us a very rich level of experience in cultural, political, and religious matters.”
Mr. Schiff: Gulotta says she’s always recruiting.
Ms. Gulotta: “We always are looking for Spanish speakers, speakers of Chinese, Arabic, and Russian. We particularly are interested in people who are multilingual.”
Mr. Schiff: Interested? Go to www.fbijobs.gov and apply. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims