September 20, 2012
Public corruption is the FBI’s top priority among criminal investigations; federal election crimes fall within that category.
Mollie Halpern: Public corruption is the FBI’s top priority among criminal investigations; federal election crimes fall within that category.
Jeff Cortese: Anything that really takes the honesty out of the system, hinders the voter from being able to cast an honest vote.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. The FBI investigates campaign finance crimes, voter/ballot fraud, and civil rights violations. We have a designated election crimes coordinator in each of our 56 field offices. Acting Unit Chief of the Public Corruption Unit Jeff Cortese says to be aware of red flags such as voter intimidation, ballot stuffing, and…
Cortese: If they’re talking about using you to make a campaign contribution in exchange for reimbursement—“Go ahead and make this payment; I’ll get you your money back”—that’s a sure sign something isn’t right.
Halpern: If you know of or suspect election fraud, report it to your local FBI field office. For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes