Elderly: Beware of Fraud and Scams - II
March 14, 2008
Attention baby boomers. You may be a target sometime of people who want to steal your money and private information.
Mr. Schiff: Attention baby boomers. You may be a target sometime of people who want to steal your money and private information. Special Agent Randy Wolverton of the FBI's Criminal Investigative Division says the criminals have schemes to contact you…
Mr. Wolverton: "They're bringing with them more financial sophistication; computer literacy, which creates other target opportunities."
Mr. Schiff: Wolverton says beware of foreign lotteries and sweepstakes scams, credit card frauds and investment schemes…
Mr. Wolverton: "Employment and work-at-home type schemes; auction frauds; mass marketing fraud schemes."
Mr. Schiff: Wolverton says keep alert for foreign lotteries...
Mr. Wolverton: "The criminals initiate these foreign lottery schemes and the sweepstakes fraud schemes oftentimes by communicating with people through cold telephone calls."
Mr Schiff: Keep in mind, if you don't enter, how could you win. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social
- 06.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Academy Marks Milestone