Elderly: Beware of Fraud and Scams - I
March 7, 2008
The FBI is concerned about fraud on the elderly increasing…
Mr. Schiff: The FBI is concerned about fraud on the elderly increasing…
Mr. Wolverton: "The reason for that is the baby boomer population, those born between 1946 and 1964, are moving into the retirement age."
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Randy Wolverton of the FBI's Criminal Investigative Division…
Mr. Wolverton: "That's creating more opportunities for fraudsters to target these individuals for their financial schemes."
Mr. Schiff: Wolverton says the boomers have money to spend…
Mr. Wolverton: "They're more likely to have savings accounts and retirement accounts; equity in their homes; and excellent credit ratings."
Mr. Schiff: Wolverton says frauds and scams come in all kinds of designs…
Mr. Wolverton: "Foreign lottery and sweepstakes fraud, advance fee and credit card fraud, investment fraud schemes, charity type schemes."
Mr Schiff: Basically, don't pay money to get money. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera
- 05.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Police Week 2017