Elderly: Beware of Fraud and Scams - I
March 7, 2008
The FBI is concerned about fraud on the elderly increasing…
Mr. Schiff: The FBI is concerned about fraud on the elderly increasing…
Mr. Wolverton: "The reason for that is the baby boomer population, those born between 1946 and 1964, are moving into the retirement age."
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Randy Wolverton of the FBI's Criminal Investigative Division…
Mr. Wolverton: "That's creating more opportunities for fraudsters to target these individuals for their financial schemes."
Mr. Schiff: Wolverton says the boomers have money to spend…
Mr. Wolverton: "They're more likely to have savings accounts and retirement accounts; equity in their homes; and excellent credit ratings."
Mr. Schiff: Wolverton says frauds and scams come in all kinds of designs…
Mr. Wolverton: "Foreign lottery and sweepstakes fraud, advance fee and credit card fraud, investment fraud schemes, charity type schemes."
Mr Schiff: Basically, don't pay money to get money. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 02.14.2019 — FBI, This Week: Partnerships Help Prevent Illicit Streaming
- 02.08.2019 — Se Busca Por el FBI: Hasta $3 Millones de Recompensa por Hossein Ahmad Larijani
- 02.08.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Publicación de las Estadísticas de 2017 de Delitos Motivados por el Odio
- 02.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of African-American Special Agents
- 01.31.2019 — FBI, This Week: Trade Secret Theft Protection and Prevention Safeguards