FBI, This Week: Chasing the Dragon
February 4, 2016
An FBI-produced documentary draws attention to the prescription drug and heroin epidemic in the United States.
Mollie Halpern: An FBI-produced documentary draws attention to the prescription drug and heroin epidemic in the United States.
This epidemic touches every segment of society—from the city to rural areas, the affluent and the poor, and every race and gender.
Chasing the Dragon chronicles how drug abuse devastates the lives of users and their families. One of the people who shared her story of addiction spoke about the staph infection she got from dirty heroin...
Melissa: When the doctors cut my leg open to clean it out, um I had maggots in my leg, they were eating the rot, the infection. That wasn’t enough for me to quit.
Halpern: The age of those using heroin is younger than in the past. A 2014 study showed that approximately one in five high school students had abused a prescription drug in their lifetime. This video aims to prevent teenagers from experimenting with drugs.
The FBI teamed up with educators to develop a teaching guide to complement the video.
The FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration are distributing the documentary and the guide to teachers, school resource officers, and others throughout the country.
Chasing the Dragon is also available on www.fbi.gov. From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI This Week.
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera