FBI, This Week: Chasing the Dragon
February 4, 2016
An FBI-produced documentary draws attention to the prescription drug and heroin epidemic in the United States.
Mollie Halpern: An FBI-produced documentary draws attention to the prescription drug and heroin epidemic in the United States.
This epidemic touches every segment of society—from the city to rural areas, the affluent and the poor, and every race and gender.
Chasing the Dragon chronicles how drug abuse devastates the lives of users and their families. One of the people who shared her story of addiction spoke about the staph infection she got from dirty heroin...
Melissa: When the doctors cut my leg open to clean it out, um I had maggots in my leg, they were eating the rot, the infection. That wasn’t enough for me to quit.
Halpern: The age of those using heroin is younger than in the past. A 2014 study showed that approximately one in five high school students had abused a prescription drug in their lifetime. This video aims to prevent teenagers from experimenting with drugs.
The FBI teamed up with educators to develop a teaching guide to complement the video.
The FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration are distributing the documentary and the guide to teachers, school resource officers, and others throughout the country.
Chasing the Dragon is also available on www.fbi.gov. From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI This Week.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes