Black History Month - II
February 22, 2008
In 1963, Wayne Davis had a college degree and was an officer in the Army. He then began training as an FBI Special Agent…
Mr. Schiff: In 1963, Wayne Davis had a college degree and was an officer in the Army. He then began training as an FBI Special Agent…
Mr. Davis: "Coming out of the military I was in halfway decent shape so the physical aspects were not a problem."
Mr. Schiff: The FBI has thousands of African-American employees; not too many back then. Davis is one of the first through the FBI Academy…
Mr. Davis: "Fourteen or 15 week training period was really, really kind of a revelation; very heavy on firearms."
Mr. Schiff: As part of Black History Month we look back at Davis' 25-years as an Agent. He worked a lot of cases; solved a bunch of bank robberies and says if you have a college degree, think about the FBI…
Mr. Davis: "If a person really wants to be part of an elite organization and work with the best people doing a much-needed job, then I would say, 'see if you can qualify.' "
Mr Schiff: Wayne Davis became the Special Agent in Charge in Philadelphia. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 12.01.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Marlon Jones
- 12.01.2016 — FBI, This Week: Marlon Jones Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 11.23.2016 — FBI, This Week: Preventing Identity Theft
- 11.21.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Iris, el Perro del FBI que Detecta Componentes Electrónicos
- 11.17.2016 — Inside the FBI: Unforgotten Justice - The Story of a Hate Crime Survivor