Black History Month - II
February 22, 2008
In 1963, Wayne Davis had a college degree and was an officer in the Army. He then began training as an FBI Special Agent…
Mr. Schiff: In 1963, Wayne Davis had a college degree and was an officer in the Army. He then began training as an FBI Special Agent…
Mr. Davis: "Coming out of the military I was in halfway decent shape so the physical aspects were not a problem."
Mr. Schiff: The FBI has thousands of African-American employees; not too many back then. Davis is one of the first through the FBI Academy…
Mr. Davis: "Fourteen or 15 week training period was really, really kind of a revelation; very heavy on firearms."
Mr. Schiff: As part of Black History Month we look back at Davis' 25-years as an Agent. He worked a lot of cases; solved a bunch of bank robberies and says if you have a college degree, think about the FBI…
Mr. Davis: "If a person really wants to be part of an elite organization and work with the best people doing a much-needed job, then I would say, 'see if you can qualify.' "
Mr Schiff: Wayne Davis became the Special Agent in Charge in Philadelphia. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 09.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: Santiago Villalba Mederos Added to Top Ten List
- 09.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: 2016 Crime in the United States Report Released
- 09.21.2017 — FBI, This Week: Office of Integrity and Compliance Marks 10th Anniversary
- 09.14.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Operational Support During Hurricanes
- 09.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: Director Christopher Wray Speaks at INSA Summit