Agroterrorism 2008 - II
May 23, 2008
We like food and we have to keep our food safe. FBI Special Agent Jenifer Smith says the farm community is very aware of the possibility of terrorist attacks on our food...
Mr. Schiff: We like food and we have to keep our food safe. FBI Special Agent Jenifer Smith says the farm community is very aware of the possibility of terrorist attacks on our food...
Ms. Smith: "They know how to take care of their animals. There are certainly manufacturers of the food and processors of the food - and they do have safety measures in place to make sure that as the food's being processed, it's protected."
Mr. Schiff: Smith works in the FBI's Weapons of Mass Destruction office...
Ms. Smith: "We're worried about this very much because if you think about how many dollars are brought into this country; over $240 billion in 2004 were brought into this country as the result of our agricultural industries, so we're very vulnerable."
Mr. Schiff: Smith says we're very trusting that our food is good for us...
Ms. Smith: "And we're therefore vulnerable because there are so many steps. And the terrorists recognize that this is vulnerability."
Mr. Schiff: The FBI works closely with the Department of Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration and health officials. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 09.21.2017 — FBI, This Week: Office of Integrity and Compliance Marks 10th Anniversary
- 09.14.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Operational Support During Hurricanes
- 09.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: Director Christopher Wray Speaks at INSA Summit
- 09.01.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Charity Fraud in Wake of Hurricane Harvey
- 08.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: Operation Wellspring Expands