Agroterrorism 2008 - I
May 16, 2008
It's a big job keeping our food safe. Special Agent Jenifer Smith is in the FBI's Weapons of Mass Destruction office...
Mr. Schiff: It's a big job keeping our food safe. Special Agent Jenifer Smith is in the FBI's Weapons of Mass Destruction office...
Ms. Smith: "If you think how complicated it is to actually get the food from the farm to the fork, it involves many people, many processes and many steps."
Mr. Schiff: Smith says the FBI works with the Agriculture Department, the FDA and Public Health...
Ms. Smith: "If you think about it, if somebody gets sick from eating something, they probably will show up in a hospital. So when those events happen, we have a partnership with some of those other agencies. And they first determine what the event is. Was it a natural outbreak or was it some kind of terrorist act?"
Mr. Schiff: Smith says the farm industry is on alert...
Ms. Smith: "It has huge economic impact if we have any of these outbreaks, just natural ones, and you can imagine the effects an actual terrorist event if it affects the safety of our food."
Mr. Schiff: The FBI suggests we all keep vigilant and report anything out of the ordinary. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 12.01.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Marlon Jones
- 12.01.2016 — FBI, This Week: Marlon Jones Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 11.23.2016 — FBI, This Week: Preventing Identity Theft
- 11.21.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Iris, el Perro del FBI que Detecta Componentes Electrónicos
- 11.17.2016 — Inside the FBI: Unforgotten Justice - The Story of a Hate Crime Survivor