August 12, 2011
Thousands of people in the United States are victims of human trafficking.
Mollie Halpern: Thousands of people in the United States are victims of human trafficking.
Eric Thomas: Human trafficking is basically modern-day slavery.
Gina Young: People don’t realize that it’s happening in their own backyards.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and you’re listening to FBI, This Week. The FBI, along with the Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Labor have launched a new initiative to dismantle human trafficking networks. The pilot program is made up of Anti-Trafficking Coordination Teams, or ACTeams. Civil Rights Unit Chief Eric Thomas…
Thomas: They’re basically designed to bring the federal resources together to make sure that we investigate and prosecute these cases more effectively.
Halpern: ACTeams will initially be located in six cities, then implemented across the country. Supervisory Special Agent Gina Young leads the team in Atlanta.
Young: Human trafficking isn’t just a sexual exploitation problem—it’s a forced labor problem; it’s a domestic servitude problem.
Halpern: To learn how to report trafficking crimes, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims