Undercover - I
January 18, 2008
Undercover operations are used by the FBI, but not only for gangs and organized crime
Mr. Schiff: Undercover operations are used by the FBI, but not only for gangs and organized crime. John Slattery, as a Special Agent, was an undercover agent and had a national security case where he had to meet people around the city where he was living…
Mr. Slattery: "So that they would begin to disclose personal information, and other information, about their particular group or their activities. That is the intelligence we were looking to glean."
Mr. Schiff: Slattery says he became an actor…
Mr. Slattery: "That would be, yes, I am an actor; a total actor."
Mr. Schiff: Slattery says his role was as a sporting goods salesman, which had nothing to do with the case...
Mr. Slattery: "Since national security is the focus here, this particular operation was designed for me to engage individuals to see we could basically disrupt, or otherwise deter, potential spying activities, or operations, here in the United States."
Mr. Schiff: Slattery says he was able to do that by getting the right stuff…
Mr. Slattery: "Information that was useful to the United States overall national security interest."
Mr. Schiff: John Slattery presently is the Deputy Assistant Director of the FBI's Counterintelligence Division. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 08.10.2018 — FBI, This Week: Sextortion Reports on the Rise
- 08.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Physical Fitness Test App Released
- 07.26.2018 — FBI, This Week: 110 Years of Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas