March 17, 2011
It’s a case involving banks, bombs, and blood brothers…and before it was all over, the U-30 Bandit and his co-conspirator had robbed eight banks in Massachusetts.
Mollie Halpern: It’s a case involving banks, bombs, and blood brothers…and before it was all over, the U-30 Bandit and his co-conspirator had robbed eight banks in Massachusetts. All of the crimes were committed in under 30 seconds. I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is “Gotcha.” Special Agent Eric Toole says speed wasn’t the bandit’s only weapon.
Eric Toole: He just said, “Give me all the money, I have a gun, this is a bomb.”
Halpern: A surveillance camera helped the FBI and its law enforcement partners catch a break in the case.
Toole: The camera caught his eyeball. One of the local detectives recognized the eye as being similar to someone that he had dealt with many times.
Halpern: That eye belonged to Dimitri Long, who was arrested coming out of a bank with stolen money in hand. His getaway driver, who was his half-brother, Michael Coty, sped away, but was later caught trying to hide in a stranger’s house. Long was sentenced to 20 years behind bars last month and Coty was sentenced to 60 months. Thanks for listening to “Gotcha,” the FBI’s Closed Case of the Week.
- 11.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Serving with STEM
- 11.07.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Search Intensifies for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Greg Carlson
- 11.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Combats Chinese Economic Espionage as Part of New Initiative
- 11.01.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Patrocina Eventos Relacionados con su Programa de Promoción de Diversidad en el Reclutamiento de Agentes Especiales
- 10.26.2018 — FBI, This Week: The Chief Information Security Officer Academy