Toronto 18 Terrorism Case - II
March 5, 2010
Police agencies around the world are on the lookout for terrorists 24/7. FBI Special Agent Matt Dunn is in Toronto, Canada, working cases.
Mr. Schiff: Police agencies around the world are on the lookout for terrorists 24/7. FBI Special Agent Matt Dunn is in Toronto, Canada, working cases.
Mr. Dunn: "One of them is, what’s known up here at the Toronto 18 Terrorism Case.”
Mr. Schiff: Dunn is assigned to the FBI’s legal attaché office in Ottawa.
Mr. Dunn: "The case was initiated by the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) and the Canadian Security (Intelligence) Service regarding a home-grown terrorist cell.”
Mr. Schiff: Dunn says the case overlapped with several FBI counterterrorism investigations.
Mr. Dunn: "We shared a lot of information with the RCMP, who took the lead on it. They had some great sources that were involved and brought into this group of terrorists, and the Canadians were able to conduct arrests and stop this thing before it happened.”
Mr. Schiff: Dunn says there have been a lot of convictions on both sides.
Mr. Dunn: "Sharing the information with us on our overlapping cases, and we’ve received some significant convictions and sentencings on our subjects as well.”
Mr. Schiff: The Terrorist 18 planned to blow up buildings, a military base, and take hostages at the Parliament. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s the FBI’s Closed Case of the Week.
- 05.25.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released