March 15, 2012
A self-proclaimed porn star and his business partner—a former cop—will serve life in prison on sex trafficking charges.
Mollie Halpern: A self-proclaimed porn star and his business partner—a former cop—will serve life in prison on sex trafficking charges.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is Gotcha. Lavont Flanders and Emerson Callum lured aspiring models to Miami to audition for what they claimed was a once in a lifetime opportunity. As part of the audition, the victims, some as young as 15, had to drink alcohol. Case agent Alexis Carpinteri says the alcohol was laced with date rape drugs which left victims with no memory.
Alexis Carpinteri: They gave it to these models without the models knowing about it, and then once the models were incapacitated, Emerson Callum sexually assaulted the girls while Lavont Flanders filmed it.
Halpern: The men sold the videos to stores and Internet websites. There are likely hundreds of more victims.
Carpinteri: We had a lot of victims that were waking up in their cars covered in vomit, bleeding…clearly aware they were involved in sexual activity but can’t remember any of it.
Halpern: Agents executed search warrants, conducted interviews, and collected DNA to gather evidence against the men.
This is the FBI’s closed case of the week.
- 09.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — Inside the FBI: Comey’s Remarks at the 10th Anniversary of the National Security Division
- 09.16.2016 — FBI, This Week: The FBI’s Strategy to Combat the Evolving Terror Threat
- 09.09.2016 — FBI This Week: Leveraging Linguists for FBI Investigations