Prison for a Racketeer
July 11, 2008
Over a million dollars in bribes gets a Maryland man prison time. FBI Special Agent Rich Wolf in Baltimore says the subject admitted to trying to bribe government officials...
Mr. Schiff: Over a million dollars in bribes gets a Maryland man prison time. FBI Special Agent Rich Wolf in Baltimore says the subject admitted to trying to bribe government officials...
Mr. Wolf: "This individual was presented with the charges against him and actually pleads guilty and he was recently sentenced to four years in prison.”
Mr. Schiff: Wolf says the judge in the case ordered the subject to pay nearly $250,000 in restitution...
Mr. Wolf: "This subject was actually running a convenience store and we determined that, after we looked at several things, that he was laundering money through the store and also he was involved in obtaining illegal green cards.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI worked with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, ICE, along with the IRS...
Mr. Wolf: "We obtained a lot of subpoenas for financial documents and records and we just started looking at them in a large workspace area where we could determine irregularities and suspicions with the banking activities and the structuring of the money.”
Mr. Schiff: No government officials were actually taking bribes. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 01.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Organized Retail Crime Can Create Health Dangers for Consumers
- 01.05.2017 — FBI, This Week: Highway Serial Killings Initiative
- 12.29.2016 — FBI, This Week: Report Border Corruption
- 12.23.2016 — Se Busca por el FBI: Robert Francis Van Wisse en la Lista de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 12.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI