Terrorist Plotters Sentenced
July 1, 2011
Three men who plotted to terrorize Americans and the U.S. military are sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Mollie Halpern: Three men who plotted to terrorize Americans and the U.S. military are sentenced to 25 years in prison. I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is “Gotcha.”
The case began when an FBI informant working on an unrelated case was approached by James Cromitie. Case Agent Robert Fuller says…
Robert Fuller: Mr. Cromitie explained to the source his desire to attack Jews, as well as an interest in taking down the planes being used to transport troops and equipment to the war theaters overseas.
Halpern: The Bureau then opened a formal investigation into Cromitie.
Fuller: That gave us the approvals through the attorney general to start further types of investigative tools, to include using digital recorders.
Halpern: Cromitie asked the informant to supply him with explosives and missiles. He and three others planned to bomb synagogues and shoot down military planes. The FBI provided the equipment—but it was fake.
Fuller: All the defendants were arrested after they completed placing the devices.
Halpern: This has been the Bureau’s closed case of the week.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes