Peter Madoff, Part 2
February 6, 2013
Peter Madoff begins his decade in prison this month for crimes stemming from an unprecedented Ponzi scheme.
Mollie Halpern: Peter Madoff—Bernie’s brother—begins his decade in prison this month for crimes stemming from an unprecedented Ponzi scheme.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is Gotcha, the Bureau’s closed case of the week.
Peter Madoff pled guilty to conspiracy to commit securities fraud, tax fraud, and other charges while he was the chief compliance officer at his brother’s brokerage firm, Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities.
Case agent Paul Takla says Madoff was also ordered to forfeit $143 billion…
Paul Takla: Peter Madoff used the firm as his own personal piggy bank at the expense of other investors. And he used that money to purchase assets, other items of luxury for him and his family.
Halpern: Many investigative methods were used in this three-year case.
Takla: We were dealing with several thousand boxes of data as well as a computer system—in addition to financial analysis of bank accounts, trading accounts…
Halpern: For more information on this case, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 12.01.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Marlon Jones
- 12.01.2016 — FBI, This Week: Marlon Jones Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 11.23.2016 — FBI, This Week: Preventing Identity Theft
- 11.21.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Iris, el Perro del FBI que Detecta Componentes Electrónicos
- 11.17.2016 — Inside the FBI: Unforgotten Justice - The Story of a Hate Crime Survivor