Military Honors Fraud - II
February 6, 2009
A letter comes to the FBI. The letter says someone is wearing military honors he didn’t earn. FBI Special Agent Ahamdi Uche in Erie, Pennsylvania, was one of the investigators on this case...
Mr. Schiff: A letter comes to the FBI. The letter says someone is wearing military honors he didn’t earn. FBI Special Agent Ahamdi Uche in Erie, Pennsylvania, was one of the investigators on this case...
Mr. Uche: "The letter detailing, shall I say, involvement in the community; military displays and also talking to a gathering of people; this peaked our attention.”
Mr. Schiff: The subject wore a Purple Heart and other medals. Uche, during his investigation, was house hunting. The subject just happened to have an open house...
Mr. Uche: "I saw in plain sight these medals and certificates that this said individual was parading around.”
Mr. Schiff: Uche says this guy was also passing counterfeit checks to tune of more than $200,000...
Mr. Uche: "Fake counterfeit checks he was cashing from banks both local and regional banks.”
Mr. Schiff: Charges included Bank Fraud and Falsifying Military Honors and the man was sentenced to 33 months in prison. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 04.24.2017 — El FBI se parece a usted (En Español)
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List