Military Honors Fraud - I
January 30, 2009
A Pennsylvania man wearing unearned military honors and defrauding banks of more than $200,000 earns himself prison time...
Mr. Schiff: A Pennsylvania man wearing unearned military honors and defrauding banks of more than $200,000 earns himself prison time...
Mr. Uche: "Medals and Purple Heart and all these medals of gallantry and valor and posing as a Special Forces decorated Captain.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s FBI Special Agent Ahamdi Uche in Erie. He and other Agents investigated; they checked data bases and conducted a lot of interviews...
Mr. Uche: "We also requested the military DD 214 of this individual; Congressional orders for said medals that this individual supposedly received.”
Mr. Schiff: The subject, who made many public appearances in Northwest Pennsylvania wearing the military awards, admitted to Falsifying Military Honors and Bank Fraud after passing counterfeit checks. He gets 33 months in prison and an order to payback $173,000. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 02.24.2017 — FBI, This Week: FBI-Led Task Forces Counter Threats Against Children
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 02.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: NCIC Enters its 50th Year
- 02.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Ruben Perez Rivera
- 02.09.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Launches FBI Wanted Mobile App