Military Honors Fraud - I
January 30, 2009
A Pennsylvania man wearing unearned military honors and defrauding banks of more than $200,000 earns himself prison time...
Mr. Schiff: A Pennsylvania man wearing unearned military honors and defrauding banks of more than $200,000 earns himself prison time...
Mr. Uche: "Medals and Purple Heart and all these medals of gallantry and valor and posing as a Special Forces decorated Captain.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s FBI Special Agent Ahamdi Uche in Erie. He and other Agents investigated; they checked data bases and conducted a lot of interviews...
Mr. Uche: "We also requested the military DD 214 of this individual; Congressional orders for said medals that this individual supposedly received.”
Mr. Schiff: The subject, who made many public appearances in Northwest Pennsylvania wearing the military awards, admitted to Falsifying Military Honors and Bank Fraud after passing counterfeit checks. He gets 33 months in prison and an order to payback $173,000. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera