Man Sentenced in International Sextortion Scheme
July 7, 2015
A Florida man is serving 105 years in federal prison for one of the largest sextortion cases in the United States.
Mollie Halpern: A Florida man is serving 105 years in federal prison for one of the largest sextortion cases in the United States.
Lucas Chansler coerced hundreds of girls as young as 13 years old to send him sexually explicit images of themselves during live video chats on social networking websites. FBI case agent Larry Meyer says unbeknownst to the victims, Chansler recorded the sessions.
Larry Meyer: He had 26 different poses for 41 different pictures that he wanted from each of his victims. And they became more sexually graphic as time went on.
Halpern: Forensic analysis of Chansler’s computer revealed that he had about 80,000 images and videos of child pornography. Chansler victimized about 350 girls in 26 states, Canada, and the United Kingdom between 2007 and 2010.
Although Chansler is locked away, investigators continue to work the case.
Meyer: Our goal is to identify these remaining victims so they can be advised that this chapter in their life is over and he’ll never be back to antagonize them again.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI with Gotcha, The Bureau’s closed case of the week. For more information on this case, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Statistics Released - Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2015
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country X
- 10.14.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Aprovechamiento de los Lingüistas en las Investigaciones del FBI
- 10.14.2016 — FBI, This Week: Social Engineering
- 10.06.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Alfonso Diaz-Juarez