Help Notes from Kidnapped Woman - I
March 13, 2009
It was late in 2006 when a Florida woman was kidnapped. FBI Special Agent Anne LaHaye in Mississippi says that the victim was very brave and left notes in women’s restrooms for about a week...
Mr. Schiff: It was late in 2006 when a Florida woman was kidnapped. FBI Special Agent Anne LaHaye in Mississippi says that the victim was very brave and left notes in women’s restrooms for about a week...
Ms. LaHaye: "The reason that we probably located him; she was smart enough to leave all these notes and it helped create a trail that we could follow.”
Mr. Schiff: From Florida to Georgia to Alabama and Mississippi. LaHaye says the woman left notes crying out for help...
Ms. LaHaye: "It was always at restaurants, maybe one gas station, where she would enter the ladies restroom and leave a note.”
Mr. Schiff: LaHaye got a call from the FBI’s Oxford, Mississippi, office about the kidnapper’s car possibly being in the state. She saw the car near Leland…
Ms. LaHaye: "I contacted the Washington County Sheriff’s Department and alerted them to the fact that I did have the subject in front of me; I was following him at a safe distance and that I needed some help from the highway patrol and the sheriff’s office.”
Mr. Schiff: Police caught the kidnapper and rescued the women. She was upset but not harmed. The kidnapper is in prison for life. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 03.22.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: FBI Cautions Consumers About Tax-Related Crimes
- 03.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Be on the Lookout for Tax-Related Fraud
- 03.13.2017 — FBI, This Week: Seeking Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo on Anniversary of Consulate Murders
- 03.10.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Public Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo