Health Care Fraud at $133,418 - II
April 9, 2010
Health care fraud and the doctor doing this for three years squeezed $133,000 illegally from Medicaid.
Mr. Schiff: Health care fraud and the doctor doing this for three years squeezed $133,000 illegally from Medicaid.
Mr. Foster: "He was billing for services that he had never rendered.”
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Tim Foster at the FBI’s Washington Field Office. He says the doctor would hand-write claim forms and submit them to a group that filed with Medicaid. For example, he conducted school physical exams and vaccinations.
Mr. Foster: "He would take that patient information and would submit bills to the victim group for things such as incisions and drainages of abscesses.”
Mr. Schiff: Foster says the doctor would include other family members of the students in his illegal Medicaid claims.
Mr. Foster: "He would take brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, anybody that he had information on and would include all that information in claims that were fictitious.”
Mr. Schiff: The group between the doctor and Medicaid did an audit and contacted Washington’s Inspector General who later called the FBI. The doctor was found guilty and sent to prison for more than four years. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s the FBI’s Closed Case of the Week.
- 04.28.2017 — FBI, This Week: 2016 Director’s Community Leadership Awards
- 04.28.2017 — Inside the FBI: 2016 Director’s Community Leadership Awards
- 04.24.2017 — El FBI se parece a usted (En Español)
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List