May 13, 2011
It’s a case involving a high-level associate of one of the Italian Mafia families of New York City.
Mollie Halpern: It’s a case involving a high-level associate of one of the Italian Mafia families of New York City.
Beth Lamanna: This case has been considered one of the top priority investigations on the Gambino La Cosa Nostra squad.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern and this is “Gotcha,” the FBI’s closed case of the week. Agents Chris and Beth Lamanna conducted a complex racketeering investigation that included sources, search warrants, and surveillance. Among their findings, they determined Joseph Watts had conspired to carry out a hit on a man who former notorious mob boss John Gotti believed to be cooperating with the government.
Chris Lamanna: Joseph Watts is probably one of the most prolific killers in the Gambino crime family.
Halpern: Agents also say when an investment failed, Watts took it out on the man who made the investment on his behalf.
Beth Lamanna: He continued to extort and threaten this individual, both with threats of violence as well as physical violence.
Halpern: Watts was sentenced to 13 years in prison, with three years’ supervised release. He was also ordered to forfeit $250,000.
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims