Fraud Total: $10 million - I
October 17, 2008
This fraud case involves $10 million and the bad guy still committing fraud while he was in jail waiting for sentencing. FBI Special Agent Daniel Rachek in Vermont says the subject met at the jail with these victims...
Mr. Schiff: This fraud case involves $10 million and the bad guy still committing fraud while he was in jail waiting for sentencing. FBI Special Agent Daniel Rachek in Vermont says the subject met at the jail with these victims...
Mr. Rachek: "He would run up unbelievable telephone bills. He was just constantly calling people, calling people, and all of these people had invested and lost a considerable amount of money and they all were hoping that there was some truth to his lie.”
Mr. Schiff: Rachek says this all started about eight years ago when the subject made false claims to investors...
Mr. Rachek: "One claim was that he was going to take raw marble that he was quarrying from Vermont and he was going to finish this marble and was going to sell it to various places throughtout the world.”
Mr. Schiff: Complaints came to the FBI. Rachek says FBI and IRS Agents investigated...
Mr. Rachek: "What we found from looking at the bank records was that the money was coming in; most of it was going to support a lavish life style.”
Mr. Schiff: It’s eleven years in prison and over $9 million owed in restitution. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera
- 05.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Police Week 2017