Drug Billing Scheme - I
May 30, 2008
A prescription drug billing scheme leads to prison time for 10 subjects who faced various federal charges...
Mr. Schiff: A prescription drug billing scheme leads to prison time for 10 subjects who faced various federal charges...
Mr. Wackes: "Health Care Fraud charges or Health Care Fraud Conspiracy charges; the pharmacist also faced Money Laundering Charges."
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Paul Wackes of the FBI's Miami Field Office...
Mr. Wackes: "One of the individuals also faced Bankruptcy Fraud and Wire Fraud charges. And there was on additional individual who faced Drug Distribution charges."
Mr. Schiff: Wackes says fake prescription claims totaled more than $17 million...
Mr. Wackes: "The pharmacy was ultimately paid close to $10 million by over a hundred private insurance companies who were the victims in this case."
Mr. Schiff: Wackes says with search warrants, investigators reviewed insurance records, bank accounts and even found billing data on computers...
Mr. Wackes: "If were to have to go to the over 100 insurance companies involved would have been a very time consuming process."
Mr. Schiff: The FBI and the Federal Drug Administration investigated. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 03.16.2018 — FBI, This Week: Women’s History Month
- 03.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: W-2 Phishing Scams Increase During Tax Season
- 03.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Rapid DNA Analysis Initiative
- 02.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: Global Sweep Addresses Growing Elder Fraud Threat
- 02.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: Restoring the Identities of Unknown Human Remains