Drug Billing Scheme - I
May 30, 2008
A prescription drug billing scheme leads to prison time for 10 subjects who faced various federal charges...
Mr. Schiff: A prescription drug billing scheme leads to prison time for 10 subjects who faced various federal charges...
Mr. Wackes: "Health Care Fraud charges or Health Care Fraud Conspiracy charges; the pharmacist also faced Money Laundering Charges."
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Paul Wackes of the FBI's Miami Field Office...
Mr. Wackes: "One of the individuals also faced Bankruptcy Fraud and Wire Fraud charges. And there was on additional individual who faced Drug Distribution charges."
Mr. Schiff: Wackes says fake prescription claims totaled more than $17 million...
Mr. Wackes: "The pharmacy was ultimately paid close to $10 million by over a hundred private insurance companies who were the victims in this case."
Mr. Schiff: Wackes says with search warrants, investigators reviewed insurance records, bank accounts and even found billing data on computers...
Mr. Wackes: "If were to have to go to the over 100 insurance companies involved would have been a very time consuming process."
Mr. Schiff: The FBI and the Federal Drug Administration investigated. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social