Daniel Patrick Boyd and the Triangle Terror Group, Part 2
December 28, 2012
It’s an FBI case that put a stop to a North Carolina man and his so-called Triangle Terror Group.
Mollie Halpern: It’s an FBI case that put a stop to a North Carolina man and his so-called Triangle Terror Group.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this Gotcha, the Bureau’s closed case of the week.
Daniel Patrick Boyd, two of his sons, and other conspirators were preparing to wage jihad on Americans here and overseas. Special Agent Paul Minella says they had a cache of weapons and ammunition.
Paul Minella: They had dug a pit under their back porch where they possibly were going to store some of the weaponry in the event they needed to come back for it to engage in jihad here.
Halpern: They were training to fight overseas…
Paul Minella: Boyd at one point actually fired over the heads of the individuals to get them used to the sound of gun rounds going off.
Halpern: If the group wasn’t able to fight overseas, they planned to attack the Marine Corps Base in Quantico, Virginia.
In next week’s edition of Gotcha, find how the FBI put a stop to the planned attacks. For more information on this case and others visit www.fbi.gov
- 03.22.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: FBI Cautions Consumers About Tax-Related Crimes
- 03.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Be on the Lookout for Tax-Related Fraud
- 03.13.2017 — FBI, This Week: Seeking Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo on Anniversary of Consulate Murders
- 03.10.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Public Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo