Corrupt Judges - II
November 7, 2008
For about 10 years there were allegations of corrupt judges in Louisiana. FBI Special Agent Steve Hall says an investigation began when some people started talking...
Mr. Schiff: For about 10 years there were allegations of corrupt judges in Louisiana. FBI Special Agent Steve Hall says an investigation began when some people started talking...
Mr. Hall: "We had worked very closely with the Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office, the city of Shreveport Police Department, Bossier City Police Department and the Louisiana State Police. So we had used their confidential informants and our FBI confidential informants that we had developed; everybody was putting their hats together trying to come up with any bit of information we could regarding these two judges.
Mr. Schiff: Hall says that along with wiretaps, witnesses were a big help and that there was strong evidence when marked money was given to the judges and one of them gambled at a casino...
Mr. Hall: "After those so-called drop-boxes were taken upstairs to the count room where the money is counted, us along with the Louisiana State Police and the Gaming Commission, searched those boxes and were able to retrieve some of those marked bills.”
Mr. Schiff: The case was called Broken Gavel; one judge is in prison for five-years and another for 10-years. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes