December 9, 2013
The girlfriend of FBI former Ten Most Wanted Fugitive James “Whitey” Bulger is serving one of the longest sentences ever imposed for a harboring charge.
Mollie Halpern: The girlfriend of FBI former Ten Most Wanted Fugitive James “Whitey” Bulger is serving one of the longest sentences ever imposed for a harboring charge. Catherine Greig, who pleaded guilty to several charges, is serving eight years in federal prison.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is Gotcha, the Bureau’s closed case of the week. Greig went on the lam back in 1995 with Bulger, the leader of an organized crime syndicate in Boston. Supervisory Special Agent Richard Teahan says the FBI created a Bulger task force to find the couple...
Teahan: Looking specifically for not only Bulger but also Catherine Greig and anyone who harbored Bulger—family members, criminal associates...
Halpern: Greig and Bulger posed as a married couple under multiple fake identities and illegally obtained identification documents to do so.
Teahan: The turning point was really when the FBI created the public service announcement, really specifically targeting Catherine Greig.
Halpern: The PSA generated specific information and within two days, the couple was captured. For more information on the couples' cases, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 04.24.2017 — El FBI se parece a usted (En Español)
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List