Car Theft Ring - II
March 6, 2009
The leader of a car theft ring that netted hundreds of thousands dollars is now in prison. FBI Special Agent Rebecca Martin in Kansas says she learned a lot about expensive cars...
Mr. Schiff: The leader of a car theft ring that netted hundreds of thousands dollars is now in prison. FBI Special Agent Rebecca Martin in Kansas says she learned a lot about expensive cars...
Ms. Martin: "I know a whole lot more about Cadillac’s that I ever used to know.”
Mr. Schiff: Martin says expensive cars were moving around the country illegally...
Ms. Martin: "Predominantly all these cars were Cadillac cars, makes and models. Anything from an XLR, which is a two-door coupe; SRX’s which is a small SUV; to Escalades which is the bigger SUV; and to the sedans.”
Mr. Schiff: Martin says the cars were sold as salvaged vehicles on the Internet to people who didn’t know they were stolen...
Ms. Martin: "Two or three of them actually got reimbursed by their insurance companies because once they got them registered in their states; the person who did the inspections there said ‘these are stolen cars’ so they ended up confiscating them. So they were out the car and out the money.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI, Wichita City Police and other police departments, and the National Insurance Crime Bureau investigated. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social