Car Theft Ring - II
March 6, 2009
The leader of a car theft ring that netted hundreds of thousands dollars is now in prison. FBI Special Agent Rebecca Martin in Kansas says she learned a lot about expensive cars...
Mr. Schiff: The leader of a car theft ring that netted hundreds of thousands dollars is now in prison. FBI Special Agent Rebecca Martin in Kansas says she learned a lot about expensive cars...
Ms. Martin: "I know a whole lot more about Cadillac’s that I ever used to know.”
Mr. Schiff: Martin says expensive cars were moving around the country illegally...
Ms. Martin: "Predominantly all these cars were Cadillac cars, makes and models. Anything from an XLR, which is a two-door coupe; SRX’s which is a small SUV; to Escalades which is the bigger SUV; and to the sedans.”
Mr. Schiff: Martin says the cars were sold as salvaged vehicles on the Internet to people who didn’t know they were stolen...
Ms. Martin: "Two or three of them actually got reimbursed by their insurance companies because once they got them registered in their states; the person who did the inspections there said ‘these are stolen cars’ so they ended up confiscating them. So they were out the car and out the money.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI, Wichita City Police and other police departments, and the National Insurance Crime Bureau investigated. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 04.18.2019 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 3 | The Growing Numbers
- 04.18.2019 — FBI, This Week: Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2018
- 04.18.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Andres Zambrano
- 04.18.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Una Exalumna de la Academia para Ciudadanos Desempeña un Papel en la Nueva Capacitación en Materia del 11 de Septiembre
- 04.11.2019 — FBI, This Week: National Crime Victims’ Rights Week