Car Theft Ring - I
February 27, 2009
Expensive cars, salvaged cars, sold on the Internet and the leader of a car theft ring made hundreds of thousands of dollars...
Mr. Schiff: Expensive cars, salvaged cars, sold on the Internet and the leader of a car theft ring made hundreds of thousands of dollars...
Ms. Martin: "Some of the charges were Receiving Stolen Motor Vehicles; Tampering with Vehicle Identification Numbers; Transporting Stolen Vehicles Across State Lines; Selling Stolen Vehicles and Advertising Stolen Vehicles on eBay.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Special Agent Rebecca Martin at the Kansas City FBI office. She says there were several suspects stealing cars and moving them around for a lot of money. Martin says the FBI heard from the Wichita, Kansas, Police Department...
Ms. Martin: "They had this auto theft case and thought it might be the level of a federal investigation.”
Mr. Schiff: Martin says a Wichita police officer followed a car that didn’t stop at a stop sign one evening; the driver eventually stopped in front of a house...
Ms. Martin: "He saw the guy messing with the car and he ended up seeing the guy come back out again and the car had a different license tag on it.”
Mr. Schiff: The investigation grew and the prime suspect was convicted and sentenced to six years in prison. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program