Bad Cops Caught - II
July 17, 2009
Drug deals and bad cops. FBI Special Agent Tracey Harris in Memphis, Tennessee says that’s what was going on.
Mr. Schiff: Drug deals and bad cops. FBI Special Agent Tracey Harris in Memphis, Tennessee says that’s what was going on.
Ms. Harris: "Back in April of 2006, as a result of an undercover operation, we had received some information earlier, that particular week, from an informant about an officer that had been putting pressure on him to set up a big drug deal.”
Mr. Schiff: Harris says the deal was arranged.
Ms. Harris: "We were able to arrest that police officer that night as he stole a kilogram of cocaine.”
Mr. Schiff: This group of bad policemen stole from dealers and then sold the drugs to other drug dealers. Harris says the FBI and police had surveillance on this scene, and one bad cop was getting two-way “chirps” on his phone, which agents and cops could hear.
Ms. Harris: "That person was advising him that there were a lot of law enforcement people in the area.”
Mr. Schiff: The guy on the other end of the phone was the ringleader. He was convicted on civil rights, narcotics, robbery, and firearms charges and sentenced to 255 years. Others received lesser terms. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s the FBI’s Closed Case of the Week.”
- 11.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Serving with STEM
- 11.07.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Search Intensifies for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Greg Carlson
- 11.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Combats Chinese Economic Espionage as Part of New Initiative
- 11.01.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Patrocina Eventos Relacionados con su Programa de Promoción de Diversidad en el Reclutamiento de Agentes Especiales
- 10.26.2018 — FBI, This Week: The Chief Information Security Officer Academy