Assault on a Border Patrol Officer
August 6, 2010
A recent case involves an assault on a federal officer. When FBI responded to the scene, they learned…
Ms. Ballew: A recent case involves an assault on a federal officer. When FBI responded to the scene, they learned…
Mr. Hodge: “There was a shooting incident involving a Border Patrol agent along Interstate Highway 35 near Laredo, Texas.”
Ms. Ballew: Special Agent Jason Hodge from FBI San Antonio. At the scene, the Border Patrol officer observed 10 suspected undocumented aliens entering the subject’s vehicle. The officer provided a command that the subject ignored. The subject accelerated, the vehicle hitting the officer.
Mr. Hodge: “We charged him with assaulting a federal agent.”
Ms. Ballew: Theories of what happened at the scene were considered, but after tests were conducted…
Mr. Hodge: “There were no issues with the weapon, the injuries that the border patrol agent suffered were consistent with being struck by a car.”
Ms. Ballew: In a situation like this, there can be multiple dangers.
Mr. Hodge: “Not only for the alien smuggler, for the people that he’s trying to transport, for any agents that may be present, also to the general public because if they’re trying to merge onto a busy highway...”
Ms. Ballew: The subject, a citizen of El Salvador illegally residing in the U.S., received over four-and-a-half years in federal prison. I’m Denise Ballew of the Bureau, and that’s the FBI’s Closed Case of the Week.
- 10.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria