$6 Million Health Care Fraud- II
December 19, 2008
How about this deal? You go to a doctor's office. No exam. No treatment. And then you're paid to provide personal information including your Medicare number. And that's what was going on in South Florida...
Mr. Schiff: How about this deal? You go to a doctor's office. No exam. No treatment. And then you're paid to provide personal information including your Medicare number. And that's what was going on in South Florida...
Ms. Bougeois: "We interviewed confidential human sources; we did financial analysis and data base checks; and all this information led us to obtain our indictments."
Mr. Schiff: That's FBI Special Agent Frances Bougeois in Miami. She says doctors paid kickbacks to the patients, who were recruited and many were picked up in vans, and then sent bogus bills to Medicare...
Ms. Bougeois: "In this particular case they billed approximately $6 million."
Mr. Schiff: Bougeois says one doctor, arrested at home, got 37 months in prison and another 48...
Ms. Bougeois: "The other doctor wasn't in the house. We found out that he had an office in West Palm Beach so I sent some of the agents there and they arrested him in his office also without incident."
Mr. Schiff: The doctors were charged with Health Care Fraud. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 06.28.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Programa de Agentes Especiales Jóvenes
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America