$6 Million Health Care Fraud- II
December 19, 2008
How about this deal? You go to a doctor's office. No exam. No treatment. And then you're paid to provide personal information including your Medicare number. And that's what was going on in South Florida...
Mr. Schiff: How about this deal? You go to a doctor's office. No exam. No treatment. And then you're paid to provide personal information including your Medicare number. And that's what was going on in South Florida...
Ms. Bougeois: "We interviewed confidential human sources; we did financial analysis and data base checks; and all this information led us to obtain our indictments."
Mr. Schiff: That's FBI Special Agent Frances Bougeois in Miami. She says doctors paid kickbacks to the patients, who were recruited and many were picked up in vans, and then sent bogus bills to Medicare...
Ms. Bougeois: "In this particular case they billed approximately $6 million."
Mr. Schiff: Bougeois says one doctor, arrested at home, got 37 months in prison and another 48...
Ms. Bougeois: "The other doctor wasn't in the house. We found out that he had an office in West Palm Beach so I sent some of the agents there and they arrested him in his office also without incident."
Mr. Schiff: The doctors were charged with Health Care Fraud. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims