$500,000 Corporate Embezzlement - I
June 19, 2009
Nearly six years prison time for an Oregon company’s chief financial officer. He got caught stealing company money, lots of it. FBI Special Agent Jeff Gray and the Curry County Sheriff’s Office investigated.”
Mr. Schiff: Nearly six years prison time for an Oregon company’s chief financial officer. He got caught stealing company money, lots of it. FBI Special Agent Jeff Gray and the Curry County Sheriff’s Office investigated.”
Mr. Gray: "We’re talking approximately $500,000, a half-million dollars.”
Mr. Schiff: Gray says that agents and sheriff’s deputies did lots of interviews and more.
Mr. Gray: "Obtain Grand Jury subpoenas for financial records which provided for a lot of the evidence that we ultimately used to convict the subject.”
Mr. Schiff: Gray says the subject committed money laundering and mail fraud and spent the money lavishly.
Mr. Gray: "He invested in cattle; he bought a 53-foot sailboat and other investments.”
Mr. Schiff: Gray says the FBI suggests companies can protect its earnings and investments by having someone watch over the person watching the money.
Mr. Gray: “That was the problem in this case; he had too much authority, and there wasn’t anyone looking over his shoulder.”
Mr. Schiff: That chief financial officer eventually pled guilty and was sentenced to 68 months behind bars and ordered to pay back hundreds of thousands of dollars. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s the FBI’s Closed Case of the Week.”
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.12.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez en la Lista de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados