100th Anniversary/Big Case – II
August 1, 2008
Gangsters! Big names 80 years ago. Al Capone, Baby Face Nelson, Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger...
Mr. Schiff: Gangsters! Big names 80 years ago. Al Capone, Baby Face Nelson, Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger...
Mr. Fox: "Dillinger was one of those colorful characters of the day.”
Mr. Schiff: Dr. John Fox, FBI Historian...
Mr. Fox: "He ran with a gang of vicious criminals who did a number of bank robberies; they committed a number of jailbreaks; at least one law enforcement officer was killed in their crime spree.”
Mr. Schiff: Fox says Dillinger always seemed one step ahead of the law...
Mr. Fox: "Dillinger, because of his style and because of the media of the day, came to be seen in some ways as one of those anti-heroes; a guy that despite his crimes we had a grudging interest in him; respect for. And so he came to symbolize the criminal of the day.”
Mr. Schiff: Thanks to a tip, Dillinger was found. On July 22nd, 1934, he was fatally shot by FBI Agents as he was leaving the Biograph movie theater in Chicago. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 02.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: NCIC Enters its 50th Year
- 02.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Ruben Perez Rivera
- 02.09.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Launches FBI Wanted Mobile App
- 02.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches New Labor Trafficking Initiative
- 02.01.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Lucha Contra la Esclavitud y la Trata de Seres Humanos