100th Anniversary/Big Case – I
July 25, 2008
Thousands and thousands of cases pepper the files of the FBI. With the FBI hitting 100 on July 26th, one of the biggest comes from the 1930s...
Mr. Schiff: Thousands and thousands of cases pepper the files of the FBI. With the FBI hitting 100 on July 26th, one of the biggest comes from the 1930s...
Mr. Fox: "The Dillinger has to be perhaps the biggest.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s FBI Historian Dr. John Fox...
Mr. Fox: "Because of its significance at the time and because of the impact that it had on our growth and emergence as a federal law enforcement agency.”
Mr. Schiff: Fox says that Dillinger was one of the most dangerous criminals of all time...
Mr. Fox: "When Dillinger was killed on July 22nd, 1934, while pulling a gun on Bureau agents, a new era had started. The FBI was dealing with the major gangster problem of the day. They were implementing new authorities they had just gotten and, of course, Dillinger had been a media celebrity in many ways.”
Mr. Schiff: Fox said the public learned more about the agency thanks to the end of Dillinger’s crime wave...
Mr. Fox: "The FBI emerges as the Federal Bureau of Investigation and agents become known as the G-men it is seen as the preeminent law enforcement organization in the world.”
Mr. Schiff: More on the Dillinger case and the FBI’s first 100 years on the Internet at fbi.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.12.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez en la Lista de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados