Monica Michelle Brown
March 7, 2013
The FBI needs your help to track down a nurse’s aide who confessed to defrauding her 97-year-old patient out of more than $250,000.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help to track down a nurse’s aide who confessed to defrauding her 97-year-old patient out of more than $250,000.
Monica Michelle Brown was supposed to be caring for the victim, who was living in an Oklahoma City nursing home.
Celso Ramos: Monica Brown gambled most of the money. And then just used the money for her own living expenses.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is Wanted by the FBI. In 2010, Monica Brown opened an online banking account in the victim’s name without his permission. She forged the elderly man’s name on his checks, which were deposited into her daughter’s account. Case Agent Celso Ramos….
Ramos: I even asked Monica Brown whether the victim had the mental capacity to make decisions to allow her to write checks. She said, “No.”
Halpern: Brown was indicted on several charges, including mail fraud. She has ties to Arkansas and Oklahoma but could be anywhere.
Ramos: If anybody has any information concerning Monica Michelle Brown, please contact your local FBI office.
Halpern: To see pictures of Brown, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston