September 22, 2009
James Hammes allegedly embezzled more than $8 million from a Cincinnati beverage bottling company. He is wanted for money laundering and wire fraud.
Mr. Schiff: Hi. This is “Wanted by the FBI” from the FBI. He allegedly embezzled more than $8 million from a Cincinnati beverage bottling company.
Mr. Whitney: “James T. Hammes, or he goes by Jim Hammes by people who know him. Specifically, he’s facing charges of money laundering and wire fraud.”
Mr. Schiff: Special Agent Mike Whitney in the FBI’s Cincinnati office. He says Hammes was an accounts controller and put company money into accounts of a phony company.
Mr. Whitney: “And then immediately would transfer the funds from the bogus account there into his own bank account, and then even from there he would move money from that account into his personal brokerage account or his investment accounts.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI was on the case earlier this year and interviewed him. Whitney says he fled that very day.
Mr. Whitney: “Fled really leaving his wife, daughter, everybody that he knew, pretty much leaving them cold.”
Mr. Schiff: He loves scuba diving and may be traveling to island resorts. James Hammes’ wanted flyer is on the Internet at FBI.gov. That’s “Wanted by the FBI” for this week. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau’s Office of Public Affairs
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston