FBI, This Week: Two Fugitives Added to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
May 20, 2016
Two men charged with murder and other crimes are the latest additions to The FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List.
Mollie Halpern: Two men charged with murder and other crimes are the latest additions to The FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List.
Philip Patrick Policarpio is wanted for the murders of his live-in girlfriend, Lauren Olguin, and her unborn child in Los Angeles last month. (Update: FBI Top Ten Fugitive Philip Patrick Policarpio was apprehended Sunday, May 29, by agents with the U.S. Customs Border Protection. )
And Luis Macedo, a member of the violent Latin Kings gang, is wanted for his role in the murder of an innocent 15-year old boy in Chicago in May of 2009.
FBI Director James Comey on the Top Ten publicity initiative:
FBI Director James Comey: Nothing we do, we do alone. And, a critical part of that is help from citizens who are informed through the media. We are very grateful for everybody’s help in trying to publicize and then catch people like Macedo. It is the magic at the heart of the Ten Most Wanted list.”
Halpern: Since its inception in 1950, 475 fugitives have been apprehended or located out of the 508 fugitives that have appeared on the Top Ten List.
Comey: 157 of those were caught directly through citizen input.
Halpern: Report tips to your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
-Wanted poster - Luis Macedo
-Related story - New Top Ten Fugitives: Help Us Find Two Murderers
Transcript | Download
- 06.14.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Responds to Inspector General’s Report
- 06.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Remembering David LeValley as 9/11-Related Deaths Increase
- 05.31.2018 — FBI, This Week: Malware Targets Internet and Cable Routers
- 05.31.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Por Medio de una Campaña se Abordan las Consecuencias de las Amenaza
- 05.25.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Alianza con NCMEC Ayuda a Proteger a los Menores de Edad