FBI, This Week: FBI Honors Fallen Law Enforcement During National Police Week
May 12, 2016
The FBI pays tribute to its law enforcement colleagues who gave their lives while serving the public they swore to protect.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI pays tribute to its law enforcement colleagues who gave their lives while serving the public they swore to protect.
The men and women who paid the ultimate sacrifice while wearing a badge will be honored at memorial services across the country during National Police Week.
Tens of thousands of survivors and supporters converge on the nation’s capital for the largest service of them all.
FBI Director James Comey offers his condolences to the families of the FBI’s 59 fallen special agents.
Director James Comey: Our fallen special agents were noble; they were just; they were praiseworthy; they were excellent; they were admirable.
Halpern: Director Comey says modeling these qualities of the fallen will inspire the living.
He encourages young people to pursue careers in law enforcement.
Director Comey: We have to aspire to be worthy of their example and to inspire other great people to be what they were.
Halpern: From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 09.24.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Crime Statistics Released
- 09.21.2018 — FBI, This Week: Education Technologies Could Pose Risks to Students
- 09.11.2018 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 1
- 09.11.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Delivers Life-Saving Message to 9/11 First Responders
- 09.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hoax Threats Have Consequences