FBI, This Week: Protected Voices Initiative Launched
August 31, 2018
A new FBI initiative aims to mitigate the risk of cyber influence operations targeting U.S. elections.
Mollie Halpern: A new FBI initiative aims to mitigate the risk of cyber influence operations targeting U.S. elections.
The Bureau and its partners are releasing a dozen videos to inform the public—especially those involved in political campaigns—about the necessity of cybersecurity.
In the videos, FBI employees provide best practices on a range of cyber topics.
Take a listen to an excerpt …
Jason: In this video, we’ll discuss information security and your role in protecting it. Hi, I’m Jason, a special agent with the FBI.
Halpern: Supervisory Special Agent Robert Eikhoff says mitigating the threat will help ensure voters’ voices are heard.
Robert Eikhoff: The FBI is helping Americans protect themselves from computer intrusions to make it more difficult for nation-states and others to do ill will against the United States by violating privacy, stealing information, and manipulating public trust.
Halpern: Your voice matters, so protect it. To learn more, visit fbi.gov/protectedvoices.
With FBI, This Week I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 03.14.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Another Milestone for the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 03.13.2019 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Mandates Visit to 9/11 Memorial and Museum for Trainees
- 03.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Participates in Largest Nationwide Elder Fraud Sweep to Date
- 03.08.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Recopilación en Curso de Información Acerca del Uso de la Fuerza Policial a Nivel Nacional
- 02.25.2019 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report Released