FBI, This Week: Protected Voices Initiative Launched
August 31, 2018
A new FBI initiative aims to mitigate the risk of cyber influence operations targeting U.S. elections.
Mollie Halpern: A new FBI initiative aims to mitigate the risk of cyber influence operations targeting U.S. elections.
The Bureau and its partners are releasing a dozen videos to inform the public—especially those involved in political campaigns—about the necessity of cybersecurity.
In the videos, FBI employees provide best practices on a range of cyber topics.
Take a listen to an excerpt …
Jason: In this video, we’ll discuss information security and your role in protecting it. Hi, I’m Jason, a special agent with the FBI.
Halpern: Supervisory Special Agent Robert Eikhoff says mitigating the threat will help ensure voters’ voices are heard.
Robert Eikhoff: The FBI is helping Americans protect themselves from computer intrusions to make it more difficult for nation-states and others to do ill will against the United States by violating privacy, stealing information, and manipulating public trust.
Halpern: Your voice matters, so protect it. To learn more, visit fbi.gov/protectedvoices.
With FBI, This Week I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 11.20.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Up to $3 Million Reward for Hossein Ahmad Larijani
- 11.19.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: El FBI le Pide al Público que Ayude en el Caso del Secuestro de Hania Aguilar
- 11.16.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Assistance in Hania Aguilar Kidnapping Investigation
- 11.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Hate Crime Statistics Released
- 11.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Serving with STEM