FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country XI
October 20, 2017
A total of 84 children were recovered during Operation Cross Country XI, an FBI-led nationwide operation focused on underage human trafficking.
Mollie Halpern: An FBI-led nationwide operation focused on underage human trafficking resulted in the recovery of a child as young as 3 months old.
A total of 84 children were recovered during Operation Cross Country XI, and the average age of the victims was 15 years old; 120 alleged traffickers were arrested.
Kristine Morse is part of an FBI Child Exploitation Task Force.
Kristine Morse: What I see are very vulnerable victims. The exploiters are taking advantage of those vulnerabilities for their monetary benefit.
Halpern: The FBI’s Victim Services Division offers victims assistance. Rachel Jacobson…
Rachel Jacobson: FBI victim specialists are on scene working together with law enforcement to provide crisis response to these victims. They conduct in-depth assessments for the victims’ immediate and long-term needs.
Halpern: Operation Cross Country coincided with operations conducted by the FBI’s international partners in five countries. With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.17.2019 — FBI, This Week: Joint Campaign Aims to Prevent E-Skimming
- 10.10.2019 — FBI, This Week: FBI Cyber STEM Program Expands Nationally
- 10.07.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information About Catholic Church Arsons
- 10.04.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Los Adolescentes Están Siendo el Blanco en Plataformas de Juegos en Internet
- 09.30.2019 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Crime Statistics Released